Sunday, January 12, 2014

Maternity shirt take 2, success!! And a birthday gift for Dad.

Take 2 of the Ruched maternity T-shirt was a great success! The changes I made gave her the extra room that was needed under the arm, across the upper chest and the upper back. She really does need a sway back adjustment. Too much fabric pooling at the small of her back. However she was adamant about NOT having a center back seam. And it may just go away as her belly gets bigger!
Well, as long as she's happy, I'm happy!

Now that I have a good base fit I have several other ideas for using this pattern.... I also measured her for a maternity skirt. I figure she will need a few things other than stretchy pants for work. 

It's nice to be able to sew for her:)


I also finished a birthday gift for my dad. I'm not 100% sure if he is going to like it. I got mixed reviews when I polled the family about it!!! Everyone liked it, it is a toiletry bag,  but there wsa the thought that the embroidery design may be too girly. He'll have to let me know! I'm sure if he does not like it then mom will. 

The outer fabric is a cream color pleather and the lining is a quilting cotton from my stash. The embroidery design is Gentlemans Grooming Tools from Urban Threads. 


Next up on the work table is a sundress for our upcoming trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments, thoughts, idea? Please share!