I really like this pattern! I think it looks quite nice on me and I don't think I look great in bathing suits!
This time I added bra cups and a line of elastic beneath the cups on the lining to act as a sort of boob shelf. I do think next time I make this pattern I will lengthen the body of the suit by 3/4 of an inch.
Both of the views tie behind the neck. I do think that I may sew the straps to the upper back instead of tying them. I notice that if I'm in June suit all day the knot at the back of the neck can be bothersome. What can I say.... I'm delicate! I have it all pinned and ready I think I want to just baste the straps first and make sure that that I really do like it that way. The straps are plenty long to be able to do this.
The only complelty dumb-ass move that I made with this was to sew/serge the front and back pieces together with the wrong side of the fabric facing out on the front!! Duh!! Luckily enough the sheen of the fabric is just ever so slightly different and with all the ruching you would never even know!
I took a bunch of pics with the self timer on the camera to make sure that nothing was popping out!
This was the first time I have ever used bra cups in anything. Always fun to try something new. I don't have very big boobs so I used ones that give you a little extra but are very lightweight and made for swimsuits. I thought they were a bit expensive, almost 15$. But, I used a 50% of coupon at JoAnns so it made the cost a little better. They do fill out the suit and make it look better than no help at all!
Here is a photo of the suit I made last summer. Lovely!
We leave for vacation a week from today!! I can't wait :) I have a sundress that I am in mid-construction right now and I am contemplating another bathing suit! A 2 piece this time and no NOT a bikini!