Saturday, April 14, 2012

Top # 5, my last for this challenge

For my last top of the challenge I decided to 'challenge' myself a little more and do a bottom down blouse.

The pattern, fabric and buttons are all from my stash.

Pattern: Simplicity 3684, Threads Collection, misses button shirt.
Fabric: white cotton embroidered lawn from Mood
Buttons: polished stone bought at a fair some years ago.

I spent 2 days working on this shirt and am in love with it! It is soft and lovely and drapey and is everything I was wanting it to be!

It is a little bit oversized, I did this on purpose so I could wear it open over a tank or bathing suit. Or as a relaxed button up. The fabric was lovely to work with and is so soft. The pattern fit great except for the sleeve which size I altered quite a bit, tapering down 5 sizes to the wrist. The wrist would still be too large if this was to be used as a dress shirt! Other than that alteration I used the pattern as is using the C cup front tissue.







A Great big THANK YOU to Faye for holding this challenge!

It has been fun and I added 5 new shirts to my wardrobe, all of which are packed in my suitcase for our trip to Jamaica!!

- Posted by Steph from my iPad

Location:Lisle, IL

1 comment:

  1. Lovely top love the embossed print. I own one or two white blouses and whenever I wear a white blouse I feel like a dirt magnet, a dirt spot is bound to materialize...lol

    ReplyDelete

comments, thoughts, idea? Please share!