Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Work shirt project

This was an easy one.

The company I work for has changed logo's 3 or 4 times over the past 4 years for various reasons. I had a couple shirts with old logos on them and decided to make them into rags. Last minute I decided to take any blue shaded shirts and cut the old logo's off and patch them on to this zip up sweater that I like to wear. It has one of the newest logo's on it.

The idea

I cut the patches out, determined the size, ironed on some HeatnBond, cut them down to size, peeled off the paper backing, positioned them onto the sweater, ironed them on, then satin stitched around the outside edges. After washing and drying the top patch which is from a knit polo turned out a little wavy. Looks fine when wearing.
The rest of the shirt pieces went into the rag pile.


Sewn on patches

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think about my projects!