I had this red/black/pink plaid jacket UFO hanging there for well over a year now and I decided to tackle it and do my best to A, figure out why it is a UFO and B, whatever the reason is, deal with it.
The pattern is from a small independent company. I bought it because I tried on a model garment at the trade show and liked it. I wish I could remember why I really like it and had taken some pictures, or at least wrote down what size I had tried on.
Just For You! by Darlene Miller 'Triangle Jacket'
"your own 'Designer Canvas' Jacket!
Apparently my brain was just not functioning the day I decided to cut out this pattern because I cut it out for an extra-large and according to the measurements on the pattern I only needed to cut for a medium.... hmmmm.... maybe I was feeling fat that day???? Who knows.
The fabric is a cute poly blend plaid slightly open weaved, not very expensive. I think from vogues super sale tables. But, I like the fabric and decided to just be creative and try my best to make it work. I figured worst comes to worst it could be delivered to the trash can (or recycle bin).
It was huge on me, I was swimming in it and my barely c cups were invisible. And the back of the jacket had this point that ended right in the middle of my hiney. Not to flattering.
- I added extra tucks at the waistline
- I added a dart above my breast that goes vertically from my bust tip almost to the middle of the shoulder seam to take out some extra fullness.
- I tapered in the side seams
- took off the point in the back
- shortened the whole thing by an inch
- used pink buttons from the stash for interest
- tried to move the buttons in as much as I can without throwing off the whole front.
I do believe that I will try this pattern again...and make sure to use the correct size!! and then I can give it a proper pattern review!