It was very pilly, I had worn out the edges of the cuffs of the sleeves, it somehow over the years shrunk just a little... (surely it was not because I had gotten any bigger :)
I just could not part with it so I re-made it!
- I de-pilled it using a shaver
- I drew out several ideas on paper to get my creative juices flowing
- I cut off the cuffs and collar
- I marked out the exact center and cut up it and angle out to give it a little v-neck shape.
- The yellow satin ribbon is from my grandmothers stash (probably from before I was born... it was used in bassinet making when we were born)
- I used a foldover technique for the ribbon
- the large button is from my antique button collection.
- made a button loop with the ribbon.