Wednesday, July 3, 2013

The Veil is done and fitting Vogue 1289

While I cannot do a full reveal of the veil I can share a sneak peak! I finally finished the veil yesterday, whew!! I'd love to know what this veil would have cost if I purchased it at a bridal salon ;)

There is a double layer of tulle, staggered, just past fingertip length. As well as a separate simple blusher veil. The veil has just under 200 pearls and swavorski crystals each individually sewn on as well as 3 1/2 yards of couture trim. I won't tell you how many hours this took for me to complete!! I'm sure you can imagine :) Stay tuned for the full reveal in less than a month.








Fitting #2 and 3 of Vogue 1289:

Fitting number 2 went very well the bodice fit so much better in all places except for the back right. I also made a small change to the added right bust dart.



back right bodice looks goofy!!!


having a little fun with a muslin fitting

After fitting number 2 I made a new back right bodice piece only and swapped that out on the muslin and the third time was the charm! The biggest issue was that if I kept the right shoulder strap where they have it designed, which is so close to the shoulder edge, it easily falls off her shoulder. I had to tweak the design for it to fit her properly and for her to feel comfortable. Of course my camera was no where close on hand when we did the last fitting so no pictures of fitting number 3.

I did finish another project, just waiting for the skies to clear up to grab a couple pictures!

- Posted by Steph from Siouxzeegirl Designs

Location:Lisle, IL

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments, thoughts, idea? Please share!