Monday, March 11, 2013

Beaded wedding purse- Something Blue & Something Old!

I finally finished my daughters 25 th birthday gift. Only slightly late.... A least she knew I was working on it :)

I made her a hand beaded wedding purse for her upcoming wedding this summer. She really loved the piece I was working on so I decided to make it into a purse. This did double duty! She now has a wedding purse that satisfy's 'something blue and something old'!

The blue is the beading and the lining. The old is the rest of the outer fabric. I have had this fabric in my stash for over 20 years and before that it belonged to one of my grandmothers. When my grandmother passed away I received all of her sewing stash and this creamy brocade flower piece was in it. On the front with blue beading I did a sort of crazy patch piecework on the back I did a single piece and added hand beading to several of the flowers to really make it special.

Last night I finally finished hand sewing in the lining and gave it to my daughter. She is delighted with it! Always nice to make something special for the people we love.

























- Posted by Steph from my iPad

Location:Lisle, IL

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments, thoughts, idea? Please share!