Sunday, September 30, 2012

Vogue 1245 Alice +Olivia Top

I finally finished this top! It seemed to take me forever to get done. It is rated as an easy pattern and it is. However sometimes I equate easy with being quick and that was not the case. I also took extra care since I decided to use a length of silk fabric that I have had sitting in my stash for a while now.

I love the colors, the patterned silk with the eggplant poly chiffon looks quite nice together. I think I will make this pattern again just not any time soon. It is a very distinctive look and one per season is just fine. Next time I make it I will add more length to the bodice pieces. For this version I had added 2 " to the bodice from the additional pattern pieces, next time I will add another 1".

Pattern: Vogue 1245 misses top by Alice + Olivia designer.
View A

I made the XL and added 2 inches to the bodice length.
The directions are very easy to follow. Next time I will add a little more length to the bodice and possibly to the sleeves. I also raised the center neck slash by 2 inches. Otherwise it would have been scandalous and the girls would have been showing!

Please forgive the lack of hairdo and make up in the pictures,
My husband thought the top looked a little renaissance fairish and I suppose with the elastic at the neckline it does slightly.












Happy Sewing!

- Posted by Steph from my iPad

Location:Lisle, IL

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments, thoughts, idea? Please share!