Sunday, October 7, 2012

International Sculpture Conference 2012: Part 1

This past week I had the wonderful opportunity to attend the International Sculpture Conference in Chicago as a guest to my sister. My guest pass got me into all the fun stuff at the conference like the parties, the gallery openings, the studio tours and the information on the 50+ outdoor sculptures.

The very best part of the 3 nights pent downtown was that I got to spend it all with my sister!


Me and my sister

I spent several days walking around the city, I made a trip over to vogue fabrics on Roosevelt Street, spent time checking out the outdoor sculptures, rode the 'L' and generally had a great time. The last evening my darling daughter came down after work and spent the night with my sister and I. It was a super fun sleepover :)



The gardens in Millennium Park



The pedestrian 'snake' bridge and Pritzker pavilion in Millennium park. The Pritzker Pavilion had an amazing sound installation playing, it was quite amazing to listen to. Downtown loop in background.



The Cloud Gate. Aka The Bean.




The Chicago River with the Trump tower in center.




Buckingham Fountain in Grant Park.




Millennium Park. The gardens and the pavilion.




The Chicago river from the Roosevelt Street Bridge looking at the Sears Tower.




Me, my sister Jennifer and my daughter Melissa

- Posted by Steph from my iPad

Location:Chicago, Illinois

1 comment:

  1. I had the best time with you and Mel too. It was exactly what I was looking for and was way more fun than I imagined! Thank you so much for giving me so much of your time!

    ReplyDelete

comments, thoughts, idea? Please share!