Sunday, September 2, 2012

The magic of Assateague Island

This past week my work travels took me within 12 miles of Assateague Island National Seashore. The weather was beautiful with sun shining, temps in the 80's and a light breeze. I finished up with my work and had a couple of hours to spare.

There was no way I was that close to the wild ponies of Assateague Island without making a visit!

As a child we used to go camping on Assategue Island and I swear that Island is magical! (of course that could have everything to do with wild ponies and being a young girl infatuated with Marguerite Henry's Misty of Chincoteague series of novels)

I paid my $15 fee and drove down the National Park, enjoyed several nature walks with my work pants rolled up, put my feet in the Chesapeake Bay and of course daydreamed of wild ponies!

































- Posted by Steph from my iPad

Location:Maryland, USA

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments, thoughts, idea? Please share!