Friday, June 21, 2013

Bombshell Sew Along, Antique Spools and a sneak peak!

Happy Summer Solstice!! Enjoy the first day of summer.

This must be my season of firsts! It was my first sewing swap and now I am joining in on my first sew-a-long to make my first bathing suit!

This sew-a-long is for the Bombshell Bathing Suit from Closet Case Files Etsy Shop. You can click on the button at the top of my sidebar to go directly to the sew-a-long info being held at Closet Case Files Blog.



Heather Lou from the blog Closet Case Files has done an excellent job on this pattern and I am very happy to support her endeavors. This pattern came out just in time for me :) I purchased 2 yards of swimsuit fabric from FabricMart earlier this spring and I have been looking for a good swimsuit pattern, one that was not to basic/boring but also one that was appropriate to me. I'm not a bikini chick and I certainly don't like those super high thigh cuts. So Bombshell caught my eye immediately!!! Great coverage yet super sexy ;)


I had the pattern printed at Office Depot copy center. They didn't quite have paper large enough to print in one giant sheet but they broke it in 4 pieces. That sure did make it nice and easy!


These are my back pieces, rushed and basted to the lining material

I checked my measurements against the pattern and cut a straight size 16. I don't have a long or short body so I left it. I figured with a bathing suit there is a lot of forgiveness with fit due to the stretchiness of the fabric.


This photo shows my entire back piece sewn together

According to the sew-a-long schedule I am a little over half way finished! (Although I did all the work yesterday) the directions are excellent and I think this is perfect for my first bathing suit.


This funny picture is the front crotch, front bodice piece and back piece all sandwiched together and sewn. However, no boob pieces are on yet!

My weekend is looking a little busy and my work schedule next week has me out of town from Monday thru Thursday. So, hopefully I'll get it done by Monday! If not it will have to wait.

On other fronts, I have a new addition to my sewing studio decor.

Antique Spools. These are those big giant wooden spools that I believe had been use in spinning..... Not 100% sure so if anyone knows for sure I'd love to hear! I'm using them for some lovely renaissance ribbon from Kaffe Fassett.





I have also been working on a major hand sewing project for the wedding. Here is a sneak peak :) only 1 month left until the wedding!!!


- Posted by Steph from Siouxzeegirl Designs

Location:Lisle, IL

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments, thoughts, idea? Please share!