Monday, October 19, 2009

Halloween Custume 2009 Part Three: the Final Outcome

I am ready for the party! Third time was the charm in making this 50's poodle skirt. The new fabric that I bought was a linen like fabric that I found on sale at JoAnn's. The waistband has no elastic and no gathering so the effect is much slimmer than heavy felt gathered at the waist!
I also made a slight change to the crinoline... shortening by about 10 inches.

Below are pictures of the final costume. I'll have to play dress up for my husband so he can take some pictures before the Halloween Party. Stay tuned!

The final product :)



This time I could cut the fabric out on my cutting table instead of the den floor!
Zipper and button tab detail.


Poodle detail, used fake curly fur.


Shortened crinoline


Ribbon for my hair and bobby socks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think about my projects!