Friday, February 1, 2013

Playing with my Brother DreamMaker

Yikes... I can't believe it is February! January has been a difficult month for me and I am glad that February is here and that the days are getting longer. After all, how can one not love February... It is the month of Love. :)

Worked has picked up again and my travels have increased again. It was so very nice to have so much time to spend at home over the Holidays! I suppose this next 3 months will be quite busy as we have just entered the 4th quarter of our fiscal year. Always a rush to try and get business finalized before next fiscal year!

On the sewing front, oh how I am itching to do some garment sewing for myself!!! I have lost a little over 27 lbs in the past 3 1/2 months! And it feels great but I want to MAKE something, I have plenty of things that I can alter and take in but I am thinking that a stylish boxy jacket from Cynthia Guffey is calling very loudly to me! And when I get home, I have to check my stash because I think I have a perfect fabric in mind...


I have been doing lots of sewing, mostly wedding projects for my daughters wedding in July. So most of it I can not share until summertime. I did have one leftover project from the holidays, another of the Star Wars lunch totes. No picture... It looks just like the last 2 I did!

In the meantime while I am busy doing wedding projects on my serger and symphony, I am playing with my new Brother DreamMaker. Mostly doing more basic, but fun, stuff as I get used to the nuances of machine embroidery.
My latest project was a set of four bar towels for my husband with drink recipes embroidered on them. He loves them and they make him quite stylish while he plays host to our friends!









Here is a sneak peak at the latest wedding project :) my Hubby and I have also been working on some DIY crafts for the wedding. It's been quite fun!


Happy Sewing!

- Posted by Steph from my iPad

Location:Montreal Airport

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of drink mixes embroidered on towels. I'm always forgetting what temperatures to bake different meats, so it would be cool to have a hand towel that has that kind of info right on it, also recipes that are used on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete

comments, thoughts, idea? Please share!