Wednesday, November 21, 2012

New dining room table decor!

I decided to use the project from the mitered corners class I took last week as a table runner and make a set of placemats to compliment it.

I enlisted the help of my hubby and his artistic eye to run through some scenarios. I was first thinking of making each placemat with 2 diamonds on it to reflect the pattern on the runner. There was no way that I could make matching placemats because the runner project was from a kit put together by a teacher from Ohio... What I did have was some binding strips of 2" wide to use for binding on the runner.

My husband thought having diamonds on the placemats would just be way too busy looking on the table. I knew that I wanted to take the opportunity to practice my mitered corner technique. Sooooooooo..... This is what I came up with. And I am very happy with it!








Now that I have pieced tops I need to work on the machine quilting part. I have been wanting to play more with free motion quilting. I made a test sandwich and drew the diamond on the fabric so I can test out some ideas. I will have to see what moves me.


Thanksgiving in my house is going to be very quiet and hopefully very peaceful. It will just be me and the hubby and the 3 dogs. My DD and her fiancé headed to Delaware today to go visit with her grandparents (my mom and dad) I am supremely jealous!!! They will have a wonderful time and I am very thankful that she chooses to spend time with her family.

- Posted by Steph from my iPad

Location:Lisle, IL

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments, thoughts, idea? Please share!