Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Boston

I have been so busy! I went from Boston last weekend (for 6 days) and then home for a day then off to Kentucky for this past weekend. More on that later.
Boston is one of my favorite places to visit. I tons of good and happy memories from Boston. While I was up in Boston for a big conference I had some time to walk around and take in the city's atmosphere. Luckily, the free time we had was prior to Hurricane Sandy making an appearance! The weather was beautiful for late October.
The duck pond in the public gardens.

A store front on Newbury Street that had hundreds of antique sewing machines in the window!

On the day before Sandy hit I had time to go for a very long walk over to see Fort Independence on Pleasure bay in the Boston Harbor. The fort was from the mid 1800's and overlooks the harbor and has a clear view of the airport.



I did not have time to find any of the fabric stores BUT I found a button and trim store! Windsor Button Shop. And what a find it was, I finally found some trim that I liked to use on my DD's bridal veil. Woo-hoo!!! I have been looking for a while now and was not having much luck.
And that was all she wrote... The last couple of days I had in Boston were consumed by the conference and Hurricane Sandy!
- Posted by Steph from my iPad

Location:Lisle, IL

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments, thoughts, idea? Please share!