I was nominated for the Liebster blog award! How FUN!!
It sure is nice to know that some other people are reading my blog :) I was nominated by Annette from Mrs Toad Sews. Thanks Annette!!
Some may not know what the Liebster Blog Award is. It is an award given to small bloggers by another small blog who has been nominated. It is then to be given to others. It is to raise awareness of small blog of 200 or less. I consider it to be an honor.
So this award is given to new bloggers/ small bloggers and the rules are as follows:
- You thank the person who gave you the award
- Then link back to that person’s blog
- Copy and paste the Liebster award to your own profile
- Answer the 5 question your nominator asked
- Pick 5 blogs who you feel deserve to be noticed (they have to have under 200 followers)
- Ask them 5 questions
- Then finally blog it and leave a comment to let your 5 choices know they have been chosen.
What a super fun way to get know our fellow bloggers! There is such a great community of sewing bloggers out there on the blogosphere and I so enjoy both big and small blogs. There are so many ideas to share and sometimes its just nice to know that we aren't alone in our sewing passion :)
So a great big THANK YOU to Annette!! You are Awesome!
The five questions given to me were:
1. How did I get into sewing? Both of my grandmothers sewed. My mothers mom sewed for a living, she worked for a furrier in NYC and sewed custom fur coats. I inherited her old tools, there are special combs and things to be used when sewing on fur. My fathers mom also sewed quite a bit! when she passed away I inherited her old sewing machine, her stash and supplies. It was the loveliest thing to me to be given these sewing items. They really made me feel connected to my family, like sewing is in my genes! My mother also sews, many of the old pics of me and my siblings are in outfits that she sewed for us. She still sews to this day and I wish we lived closer together so we could have sewing dates. As you can imagine sewing just came to me, it is in my blood!
2. What types of sewing do I enjoy? Hands down, My favorite is garment sewing and machine embroidery. I do also dabble in some quilting and accessories and even once I awhile home dec. And when time permits in busy schedule I day dream about art quilting!
3. What do I do when I am not sewing or blogging? well, I must work to support my sewing habit! (LOL!!) I work full time as a technical sales specialist for a radiation oncology company. This keeps me busy and I travel quite a bit for work. On the home front, my hubby and I love to ballroom dance, have a big veggie garden, several dogs and soon a granddaughter. Life is full and lovely! I used to be very into horses, riding and competing but I broke my leg very badly in a riding accident 4 years ago and all of that went away. Sewing really helped for me to heal my soul from that traumatic incident.
4. Do my real life friends know about my blog? Some of them do, some don't and some probably don't care! I feel weird telling some of them about the blog unless they are sewers/crafters or take a special interest. Otherwise I can feel like I'm jumping up and down going "hey, hey, check out what I can do!!' and that just isn't really me.
5. Why do I blog? I started blogging so I could keep a record for myself and share with those that are interested. I continue to blog because I love the feeling of community that it brings to me.
OK, now for the hard part! Picking 5 blogs that I feel deserve the award. I follow TONS of blogs on bloglovin so this part is going to be difficult. These are in no particular order :)
1. Nan from Retired in Alaska
2. Ann from Everything Sewing
3. Tanya from Mrs Hughes
4. Martha from Now Sewing
5. Sarah from Musings of a seamstress
My five questions for these lovely ladies are:
1. How do you photograph for your blogs? point and shoot, DSLR, selfies, etc...
2. What is your most favorite part of the garment sewing process?
3. What is your least favorite part of the garment sewing process?
4. Do you sew for others and if so, do you enjoy it?
5. Other than sewing, what other hobbies do you enjoy?
Now pass on the Liebster award!