Saturday, January 28, 2012

Felted Tablet Cover and doggy toy

My future son-in-law is an architect student and he uses this cool little Wacom tablet that he draws on directly into his laptop.

He has been carrying it around in a flimsy wrapper, not giving it much protection at all. As a thank you for all his help on my sewing room I made him a new cozy for his equipment.



I took an old felted wool sweater that started as a mans 2X, I cut the sleeves and the zipper neckline off. Cut out 1 piece as a rectangle and the 2nd piece included the shape of the armholes to make the included fold over flap. The flap was not completely symetrical but I decided that it gave the project character.













The lining was from fabric from my stash and is antique books which he happens to have a great fond for so it worked perfectly. I added an interior pocket to slide the cords into.

To dress the project up a bit while still keeping it manly I added a touch of embroidery around the upper edge.

The finished size of the project is 9x11.

With the leftover sleeves I made an octopus inspires dog toy for Holly. She loves to steal my scraps and usually just leaves them around the house but she really like the felted wool so I made her a dog toy for her to play with.













Another awesome thing about these 2 projects: they cost me NOTHING to make :) all stash projects! Woot, woot!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Home

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments, thoughts, idea? Please share!