Tuesday, June 22, 2010

My first knit project is complete!

I have completed my scarf!! It took a while but I must admit that the first week post surgery is pretty much a blur in my memory! The amount of pain medication that I was taking really precluded me from taking part in anything other than laying in bed in my own little zombieland!

This week it has been hovering at 90' and here I am working on a full on winter scarf. It is made from a nice thick yarn and measures about 8 or 9 inches wide and about 80 inches long. It will be perfect for my daughter as she bundles up for Chicago winters.

 All done! and I added corner tassels for some fun.


My daughter boyfriend has been staying with us as my 'Day companion' while I am layed up. I got him to play dress up with Melissa's new scarf! What a great sport!


Now I need to pick my next project... I have a bagful of yarn that a friend gave to me as well as a care package of crafts from my mom. I really am looking forward to getting back in the sewing room. I am sooooooo close to be finished with the Amy Butler purses I was working on before my accident. 

I just need to spend some more time healing as well as make some modifications to the layout of my sewing room to make it a bit more friendly to my current situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments, thoughts, idea? Please share!