Saturday, May 1, 2010

Sweet Harmony Progress

I have started the sewing of the Sweet Harmony Handbags.
I am doing the bulk of the sewing on my older Necchi mechanical machine. I think that it is a bit more heavy duty to go through all the layers of this project. I have it threaded with an all purpose white thread.

My computerized machine I am using for any of the colored topstiching and alternating between the spring green and berry red colors for the 2 bags as needed.

The pictures below show step by step progress. enjoy!

Above: Green pocket front with bias wrapped cording in the lining fabric
Below: Pink pocket front with bias wrapped cording in lining fabric



Above and below: Green main exterior panel with cell phone/gum pocket detail







Above and Below: Pink exterior panel with cell phone/gum pocket





Above: Green exterior panels with pockets attached
Below: cell phone detail in exterior pocket





Above: Pink exterior panels with pocket attached
Below: exterior panel with cell phone detail




Enticed away from the sewing room by a wonderful bowl of fresh fruit and berries!

3 comments:

  1. They are looking really nice! You have a wonderful design sense. Can't wait to see then finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the progress ... beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Designing and quilting a handbag with plenty of pockets has been on my To Do List for years. I'm always amazed at how quickly you complete your sewing projects. The bags look great.

    ReplyDelete

comments, thoughts, idea? Please share!