Monday, August 22, 2016

and sometimes life throws you a curveball!!

My apologies for the long radio silence or maybe more accurately, I should say for the keyboard silence!

I had several great posts planned and even started to be shared with you for the past month.
July was just a crazy busy month with travel and work and then at the end of July/early August I made my way to Washington DC for a week for work. A grueling 6 nights/7 days of a tradeshow and here is where I started my downhill roll. Felling a little run down and crappy but hey, I figured it was from tradeshow work making me exhausted.

I come home and before a week was out I was back in the hospital :(
I wont go into the nitty gritty, suffice it to say that I thought I was going in for a night or two. You know for rehydration and what not... NOPE... 6 days later I finally made my way home feeling flattened and somewhat destroyed.

Acute pancreatitis is the pitts.

And it isn't like you just rest for a few days and your all better, No, No, No it's a LONG process. it takes weeks for your body to recover and during that time your are walking on eggshells around your body and especially around your GI system. Zofran and Norco become your best friends.

I also realize that I am surrounded by some of the most wonderful people in the world, people who stop what they are doing and come to be with you. To sit by your side and remind you that you are loved. They fill you with hope that this nastiness will one day also be gone. People who are there with you through the good and bad. If nothing else it reminds me that I am not alone and that is so very important.

Any of my longtime readers know that last year I had my first bought with Acute Pancreatitis and the ensuing consensus by the doctors was that my gall bladder was diseased and that it needed to come out. Surgery happened and yes my gallbladder was diseased and yes I felt much better. Fast forward 7 1/2 months and WHAM! another acute pancreatitis attack.

Now what??? Now the docs have to do some serious sleuth work to figure me out. There are a couple possibilities and some ideas as to what is causing my pancreas to rebel. For now, it is a waiting game. I wait for my pancreas to settle down so that we can start the tests in mid september.

Until then, I am getting some well deserved R&R and even starting back to puttering in my sewing studio! Although, being down has not kept me from doing some online fabric shopping!! Thanks to Fabrics and Fabrics and Emmaonesock, I have some wonderful fall fabrics coming to my door!.

I have quite a few things to blog about so stay tuned!!
and Happy sewing!
Princess Victoria playing dressup with my UGG slippers!


2 comments:

  1. Get well soon!!!!!

    Shopping for new stash additions is a great way to keep the mojo going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Your post on fall sewing plans has me motivated to keep up my sewing mojo :)

      Delete

comments, thoughts, idea? Please share!