Sunday, January 4, 2015

Happy 2015!!! The last makes of 2014 and a quick recap!

I am a couple days behind on giving my New Years wishes! I seem to have caught a head cold and feel a bit like I have a pound of cotton balls stuffed up my nose and in my sinuses.... And because of my heart there is not much I can do about it. Decongestants are on the NO-GO list when you have heart issues. I can take some nasal spray and take hot showers with eucalyptus oil. Both which help a teensy bit and if I rub Vicks on my chest it helps also just a teensy bit and has the added benefit of everyone else staying far away! Hehe. I'd give my eye teeth right now to be able to take 2 of those little red sudafed pills!

Enough of my nasal passage issues!

I ended up finishing off a couple of makes between returning from Idaho Christmas and New Years!

First up was a Counterpoints Jacket. This one differed from the pattern by my lining to the edge and turning instead of using bias tape on the edge. I just felt it gave it a cleaner look. Sorry for some wrinkles... I wore it out to dinner for my birthday and didn't iron it. The back has a large pleat and instead of a button I used a large sew-in snap. And YES... I know I have the front opening in the wrong direction for a woman but the fabric print looked the best closing this way so I went with it!

The fabric is 100% linen print from FabricMart I fused interfacing to all the pieces to give it slightly more weight and also serves to really reduce the wrinkling. The lining was from my stash and Is bemberg rayon.

The top is a knit cowl neck McCall's 6963 view C. Nothing super special about this pattern. Makes a nice basic. The neckline is a little high but works well for work wear. The fabric is a weird knit with one side nylon. I got it at JoAnn's when the red tag sale was on 50% off. The color matches the pink in the print on the jacket. The sleeve looks weird in this picture but looks just fine while on.

So my goal was to finish the above! And I did :) However, I also somehow was able to eek out one more outfit. It's a bit of a crazy one!!!

I am a hockey fan, in particularly the Chicgo Blackhawks. During the thanksgiving day sales I purchased some Blackhawks fleece fabric. I actually bought 2 types thinking I could make a tied fleece blanket. However.... Instead I made THIS..... YES, I made my very own Blackhawks sweats/Jammie's whatever you want to call it! 
Let me explain a little bit more about this outfit. The red fleece was leftover from an old project and was REALLY nice fleece from Smugglers Daughter. I couldn't sleep one night and was thinking that I could drake a fun sweatshirt using the red fleece and some of the Blackhawks  fleece. I used The Stella top and cut it slightly bigger so that it would have more of a sweatshirt feel. It sewed together beautifully! This is the third time making this pattern. 

My plan was to wear this top with my jeans to our friends for NYE. It was just going to be us 2 couples for dinner and some games and chilling out comfortably. On NYE my friend decided it should be a girls PJ party. I had no matching PJ bottoms.... UGH. So I whipped up a pair of Silhouttes 3 piece yoga pants using the rest of the fleece. Actually ended up being more like 5 piece yoga pants because I decided to do some colorblocking on the legs. 

You should have seen the look on my husbands face when I came out of the bedroom and said OK, let's go! Priceless!! Our friends are HUGE Blackhawks fans and they loved my new PJ's :)
Always nice to have some fun :) and those Jammie's are nice and warm and fuzzy!

On New Year's Day I did a little counting to see what I made during 2014: I made a total of 81 items (not counting the 24 key chains or 9 turtles and 18 turtle shells!) 


I think it was quite a productive year!!!

Next up... 2015!! 

I hop everyone had a great Holidy Season!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think about my projects!