Tuesday, January 20, 2015

A crazy start to the new year!

January has been a crazy one for me so far! Work has been very, very busy, i suppose that the relaxed holidays was really just the calm before the storm. I have been on the road 11 days already this year and headed to the airport this afternoon. If only I could figure a way to get paid and not work!! wink, wink, now wouldn't that be fun!!
A birthday cocktail!

In all seriousness, i am not complaining i am only out one night this week and several of those 11 days were to surprise my dad for his 74th birthday! and he sure was surprised, it was GREAT! I love that i get to spend time with my parents when my job takes me close to them :) They live in lower Delaware so not always the easiest to get to time wise.

Helping dad set up and navigate his new tablet.
It was great to spend my weekend with my mom and dad! We ate and drank and talked, I helped them move the treadmill into the house from the garage workroom, I helped my dad set-up his new tablet. It was just a very nice weekend having them all to myself.

Indian River Inlet Bridge between Rehoboth and Bethany Beach.
I treated them to dinner down in Bethany Beach at this wonderful little farm to table restaurant called Off The Hook. If you are ever in the area you must check them out!! We stopped at the parking lot for the Delaware Seashore State park to view the bridge. So pretty with the blue lights.If it had been a tad warmer out I would have taken a walk across the dunes to the ocean. we could hear the waves hitting the beach from where we stopped.

It was a great weekend! It also meant that no sewing got done. However, the weekend before I did manage to get a couple things done or at least started!

I made a gift for my friend who is a bride to be. She is getting married in a couple weeks on the cruise that we are set to go on. Since there was not going to be a bridal shower, I wanted to make her a little gift that she could use on the trip.I made her a laundry and a lingerie bag set. As you can probably tell her favorite color is purple and she has a thing for pigs. The pig print is actually a plane full of piggies! how's that for travel themed?!?! The bags are also lined with the piggy fabric and I embroidered the designs on them from an Anita Goodesign CD called Chic Travel Accessories. We went out for lunch and to do some shopping last weekend and I gave them to her. She LOVED them! YAY!


And last but not least, I have this maxi skirt sitting on my dress form just awaiting for my Evolution serger to be picked up from the doctors office so I can cover stitch the hem. I am also contemplating adding a short nude knit lining under it. I will have to find some sunshine later this week and assess the sheerness! Perfect colors for a cruise and warmer weather!



Happy Sewing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments, thoughts, idea? Please share!