Wednesday, October 8, 2014

September 2014 Wrap-up

This September I did not have much time in my sewing room. Work travel was very busy which also meant that my time at home was mostly spent with my family. After all, how can I resist a 3 1/2 month old princess Grandaughter :) 

I was able to complete 3 garments! 
2 were early in the month and one was at the very end.

The first 2 garments go together quite nicely, they are a self drafted knit skirt and The counterpoints Jacket.  Both are from my fall sewing plan but the fabric I used for the jacket is different than my first choice. I just did not have enough yardage for my first choice fabric so I decided to use this snake skin silver/black mini courdoroy print. It came out very nice except that it is slightly big across the back and I'm not sure that I really love the button placement.... Don't hate the button location but I don't really love it. I've worn this jacket several times already and it travels nicely and is perfect for work.

The skirt is a self drafted textured knit skirt. I made this with my version of a hi-lo hem and zig zagged in a bit of clear elastic into the front curve of the lower hem. It just draws it in a bit and makes it look very cool!


The fabric for the skirt.
This was the original fabric for this jacket. But I just did not have enough to make the layout look good with the print. 

My third September project was the simplicity 1801 Cynthia Rowley dress that I made in a knit.


October has started out with 2 fun projects! 
My husband and I are going to a Halloween dance party and the costumes will be judged! I am going as Maleficent and he is going as Prince Philip. 

This what I have done so far... Much work to be done before completion!!


Happy sewing :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

comments, thoughts, idea? Please share!