Monday, September 22, 2014

Goodbye to summer wrap-up!

Oh boy, oh boy! I'm a little sad that summer is officially over this evening. My biggest reason is that I will miss all the lovely sunshine. I think as I get older I crave the sunlight even more and the darker days of winter can make me feel melancholy and a little blah. Maybe time to start taking some extra vitamin D and invest in some sun lights for my sewing room :)

I have realized that between my crazy work schedule and my most adorable granddaughter, Princess V, that I have been a bad blogger. Haven't even found the time to squeeze out my monthly wrap-ups!
So here goes my wrap up for July and August.

In no particular order, mostly because I just don't remember!! Hehe

1.Striped Wrap Knit dress.
Fabric is a blue and white striped ponte, nice mid-weight made using my TNT wrap dress pattern, Simplicity 1653. This dress has been great for work travel!


2. Striped knit sleeveless top.
Same fabric as above I had just enough fabric to make this top. McCall's 6752 view C. In retrospect I should have used a thinner/drapier knit. I had to change the gathers at the waistline to pleats because the gathers were to much with this thicker knit. I worked out in the end but next time I will use a light jersey or an ITY knit.

3. Green/brown poly 'silky' dress
This was a 'silky' from JoAnn's clearance. Vogue Tracy Reese 1343. I have worn this dress 3 times over the summer. Twice accesorized for work and once dressed up for a wedding. Very versatile! I plan to make another version with just some small changes.

4. Silver/black dressy Capri pants
This was from a Fabricmart buy. They described it as a black stretch denim. It is a bit more silver but that makes it lovely. Silhouettes 3300 Lana's Jeans made without the back pockets and belt loops and shortened to a mid calf length. These have gotten lots of use this summer!

5. Red denim jeans
This fabric is from Linda Z's store in Arlington Heights, IL. They have a very nice selection of high quality garment fabrics. This is my TNT jeans pattern Silhouettes 3300 Lana's Jeans. Oh, I really like these jeans! I had the first opportunity to wear theses in San Francisco when I was there last week. 


6. Red/Blue/white high collar shirt
This fabric is a cotton/silk voile from Fabricmart. Lovely to work with! Vogue 1385 Today's Fit by Sandra Betzina. This was FUN to make and FUN to wear. 



Those are my July and August summer makes! Pretty good for having a crazy summer schedule, I think it made for a good balance of sewing and family time while I was not off traveling for work.

So what did I do for fun this summer?
1. A brand new grand baby to snuggle, cuddle and adore!

2. A long weekend visit with my sister :)

3. The Charles James exhibit at the Met in NYC, so inspiring!

4. My hubby and I's 20th wedding anniversary party. Oh what a party!


5. A week with my parents, daughter and granddaughter in Delaware :)

6. Lots of time spent with my little family and my friends, makes me whole and happy. 




1 comment:

  1. Summer of 2014 was definitely a great one for you and your family ~ thanks for sharing and recapping the good times, and the outstanding sewing ... J

    ReplyDelete

comments, thoughts, idea? Please share!