A good friend of mine is having her baby shower this Sunday, she is expecting her first and it's a boy. I wanted to make something to go along with the gift card I had Melissa pick up for me. Another friend of ours is going to pick me up Sunday to take me to the shower. It will be nice to get out and spend some time with the girls!
The other set of bibs is for another new baby on the way, my co-workers twin sister is pregnant with her first and I wanted to give them a little gift to welcome the new baby.
Piles of bibs...
finished ones on the left, unfinished on the right.
(almost finished, I still need to set the snaps)
I used 8 different fat quarters, on several of them I sewed rick-rack from my stash on the front.
The pattern was a free download I got off the internet. I altered the directions to use interfacing.
I used a woven fusible interfacing for one half of the bib and the other half I only interfaced the area of the snaps.
I did not fully interface both halves because I felt it would make the bibs too stiff.
Normally, this bib project would have been a quick one spending just a couple hours in the sewing room from start to finish. However... with crutches and using one leg and a limited time frame per sewing room visit... it has taken me a but longer to get them done. Oh well, :) at least I am back in the sewing room again!!
The knitting continues and this time I am making a striped scarf. I am having fun with it and it will end up in a lucky Christmas package.