Thursday, May 9, 2013

Luggage Tags, Bridal Shower Favors

Finally, finally, my post on the luggage tag favors from the bridal shower.



To keep in theme with the vintage travel theme of the shower I decided to make luggage tags. After a bit of looking around on the internet and playing with my own design I decided to purchase a PDF pattern from Birdiful Stitches. For $6.00 you can purchase 'The Traveler' Luggage Tags a set of 2 different styles of tags a basic tag and a fold over style. i choose the more basic luggage tag. The pattern went to gather very well which was good because I had 50 luggage tags to put together!



I used Moda Hometown Fabric canvas. Half of the tags had the polka dot as the base and the other half had the town names as the base. The looked fabulous! In the window I placed printed business cards with the wedding date and the bride and grooms initials on the front with a background map of where they are getting married. On the back of the cards I printed lines for name, address and phone number.





Making 50 of these was quite a task! I did some of the work in hotel rooms as I traveled :) and my dear husband actually helped to cut out the inner rectangles. I was very happy for the help! I made one slight change from the pattern and that was to make the handles from bias strips that I ran through the cover hem of my serger using a belt loop maker attachment. Makes beautiful serged bias strips without having to use an iron!






To see the tags in use at the bridal shower in the vintage travel theme go to this post!



Posted by Steph from Siouxzeegirl Designs.

Location:Lisle, IL

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments, thoughts, idea? Please share!