Friday, May 24, 2013

Vogue 8634 Top with Embroidered Cowl

Woot, woot!!! Finally a project for me :)

Vogue 8634 very easy top.

The pattern and the fabric were both from my stash! So that's like a free shirt... Right?????



I put my own twist on this top by using my embroidery machine to embroider a design all over the cowl. I used an Anita Goodesign Free Motion Quilting design and just lined it up as I moved along the piece of fabric. I cut the cowl out with an extra 4" on all sides so I would have plenty of fabric to hoop. After I finished the embroidery I then payed the pattern piece back over and cut the finished size. I used a light tan rayon embroidery thread. Unfortunately in the pictures it is hard to see.... But,if you look carefully you will see the swirly shapes.









The fabric is a stretch velvet dance type fabric that I purchased on super sale at JoAnn's off the remnant table. I ended up using a light weight woven interfacing in the cowl because the weight of the fabric really dragged it down. With the light weight interfacing it gives it some dimension which I think is fun!






100% of the construction was done on my serger and I had the body and sleeves done while I was embroidering the cowl. The fit is very nice. I choose view B but with short sleeves. the only alteration I made was to lengthen the sleeves by 2". I hate when sleeves stop at the fastest part of my arm. Ick. Now it is much better.






I wore this today and received several nice comments on it. I definitely will be making this pattern again.


I hope everyone enjoys their weekend! And Happy Memorial Day to all my USA friends.


- Posted by Steph from Siouxzeegirl Designs

Location:Lisle, IL

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments, thoughts, idea? Please share!