Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Between the raindrops

The weather here in Chicagoland has been full of thunderstorms the past couple of days. Thunderstorms, rainbows, bouts of sun and incredibly high humidity.




I am lucky enough to not have any work travel this week which means that I have been getting some quality evening time in my sewing studio. Last night I took a comprehensive set of measurements of my daughter. I am making her dress for the wedding reception being held in here in Chicago 2 weeks after the actual wedding. She decided that she wanted more of a cocktail dress instead of wearing here actual wedding dress. Other than that the details shall remain under wrap until party time.
I can officially check off one more item on the "Wedding: sewing to-do list", only a couple more items left to complete. We are less than 2 months to the big day!




I finished up the last of the bridal party gifts. Here is a sneak peek, I can't wait to show these off!




I started with 10 yards of fabric and all I have left after the Travel Sets and this last project is this small pile of scraps.
Until then, enjoy the beautiful views from my yard!




The little water garden in the old wishing well, home to several happy little fishes.




Beautiful weeds behind the garden gate.




Bolted broccoli, between the crazy rain and super high temps the broccoli went to seed. Oh well, I'll try again for the fall.




Little Holly, the only one of the dogs enjoying the humidity and heat. She would stay outside all day if she could!




- Posted by Steph from Siouxzeegirl Designs

Location:Lisle, IL

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments, thoughts, idea? Please share!