Friday, July 27, 2012

Serged Picnic blanket top and the toad

Greetings from Charlotte, NC. I arrived here this evening and will be spending the next 6 days here for work.

I did get lucky enough this morning to get my picnic quilt top done! Yay :) and all on the serger. It was super fun to do and with an easy block it was a successful serger piecing experiment.

Since seeing the pictures, i am thinking that maybe i should have not used the green blocks on the outside and stuck all with red... Or maybe put green at the top and bottom center as well. Oh well, too late now. I'm not unpicking serged blocks that are for a picnic blanket!

Now to get the rest done. I will need to practice my quilting since I am using an unconventional fabric for the backing. I am thinking that the tension may need some tweaking. I think a simple quilting design will be all that I do and with this measuring at 70 inches square it will be that largest project that I will attempt to quilt on my home sewing machine. I love a good challenge.

I also want to configure some sort of attached closure and carrying strap. Any ideas for closures? Any one prefer snaps to Velcro?










Before I left for the airport I was waiting all my potted flowers and plants outside and I this guy hopped up onto the deck. Ok, well he actually more like climbed up onto the deck. It always makes me smile when i see frogs and toads on my property. They are so sensitive to the environment and we have made an good effort to be 'clean' property owners. This is the fourth amphibian I have seen in the past couple of weeks. Yay!!

I don't usually like to pick them up. However, he was headed right towards the dogs and Blue would have no problem playing with this guy and then eating him. That would just be gross.






-Posted by Steph from my iPad

Location:Charlotte, NC

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments, thoughts, idea? Please share!