Saturday, March 27, 2010

Retro shirt from Silhouettes: Nancy Blouse

This is a pattern is one that I have been meaning to try for a while now. It is from Peggy Sagers Silhouettes line. I have attended several different classes given by her over the past couple of years at sewing expos. I like her methods and her garments.
The sizing on her garments are finished garment sizes and having known this I have bought patterns from her that resemble one or more of one of my favorite pieces of clothing already in my closet. Her instructions are clear and concise, the only negative that i have is that the pattern printing had some mistakes. The notches were not always correct and one of the darts were not printed very well, almost completely invisible.
The Fabric is a 100% cotton lawn fabric with a retro inspired print. I bought this at Mood in NYC over this past Christmas. I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it! It is perfect for a warm weather blouse.

Close up of the fabric

Fabric


Brown synthetic suede cloth for the neckline detail.








I chose a size 4 with the b-cup front






All cut out and ready to go





Reverse facing front detail.
SO far I have the front darts finished, both bust darts and vertical darts,
the shoulder seams and attached facing.



I still need to embellish the neckline facing and finish construction, this is sure to be a fun shirt to add to my wardrobe!

1 comment:

  1. That is going to be a really cool fun top!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete

comments, thoughts, idea? Please share!