Monday, March 22, 2010

A new shirt for me, Simplicity 4878

I have had this pattern ready and altered and sitting on my sewing table for several months now. I finally got around to cutting it out and sewing it up :)

Simplicity 4878 from 2004 line. Style E and I used a multi size pattern with the 16 on top and graduated to an 18 through the hips and I added 3 inches in length. (I really hate when my shirt pulls up in the back and you get that strip of skin between my pants and the top and most shirts do that, I think partly from the lower waist styles of pants)

The fabric is all from my stash, I did not quite have enough of the body knit to do the arms and collar with so I decided to pull a basic black knit from the stash to make it in a color blocked version. The blue multi colored knit has been in my stash for probably 15 plus years... It is nice to finally have used it!

I really need some more casual, hang out, grocery shopping etc clothes. and this fit the bill. I am a little unsure of the collar, it is not a collar type I would normally wear but it looks good on and nice to have something slightly different.

I still need to hem the sleeves and body portion and then it is finished.
Basic knit T pattern with shoulders cut with the sleeves
I choose the most basic and did view E, the drawing shows the collar flatter than the picture on the pattern front, which shows the collar standing straight up.

My version


The collar here looks even floppier, but very comfortable on. Will make a great spring, summer evening shirt. the Knits are lightweight, 3/4 length sleeve and loose collar.



Side view




I finally got around to straightening up my sewing room! Too many things were beginning to accumulate all over the place!
On another note, I ordered swatches today of equestrian fabric. I am need of new show breeches and simply cannot afford the super high priced ones from the tack shops. Good show breeches can run anywhere from 150$ to 300$+. And of course since I am a real woman with curves it seems that only the super expensive ones ever fit me! I figure I have one pair of nice breeches that i bought on super clearance a couple years ago so I may as well take a try at copying them and sewing my own. Sure can't hurt to give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments, thoughts, idea? Please share!