Friday, October 19, 2012

I found Janice wright Cheney at the Albany Airport

More accurately I found a little display on Janice Wright Cheney, a Canadian artist, and one of her art works called 'Widow' which is 2 dyed wool rose covered taxidermy bear forms.



Unfortunately, the display in the airport was not one of the bears. Now that would have been super cool. It was just a display with several of the roses, a picture of the bear, and a little blurb on her.





Fortunately, for me the display was there for me to see. I really enjoy textile artists and I love animals and she has done some cool stuff. You can see her website here: http://www.janicewrightcheney.com



Hopefully these pictures are OK, I took them with my BlackBerry.

- Posted by Steph from my iPad

Location:Lisle, IL

1 comment:

  1. Interesting stuff. I went to her website and looked around. Her approach to fabric art is one of the most unique ones I've seen.

    ReplyDelete

comments, thoughts, idea? Please share!