Friday, January 21, 2022

Closet Core Elodie in the wilds of Costa Rica!

 Last week I had the enormous pleasure of going to Costa Rica for 5 nights. It was glorious!! Costa Rica is such a beautiful place and offers so many things. Granted, on this trip, all we did was stay at the resort except for one half day excursion. We just felt it was a safer thing to do during this crazy omnicron surge. 





I

The resort was beautiful and not even close to capacity so we had plenty of room to be spread out. We out outside every day for all meals except for 1 and spent so much time at the pool and the beach. It was such a welcome respite from Chicago’s nasty winters.

I wore my new Closet Core  Elodie wrap dress to dinner twice. The fabric was perfect both in the tropical print and in the fiber content. It also hung up so nicely in the room and any wrinkles from packing came right out without having to iron it! (It hung for about 48 hours before I wore it)



This time of the year the sung goes down well before dinner time! So most if the pictures are taken in one of the resort courtyards or on my balcony.




I felt delightful wearing this dress!!! It fit wonderfully with no gaping, the cotton fabric held its shape so well which gave it the feeling of wearing a more vintage silhouette without having any petticoats. I loved the midi length with the slightly shaped front skirt panels. I am also quite glad that I added on the large patch pockets. They had plenty of room for my cell phone, room card, cash and my stash of pancreas pills. No need to have to carry a separate hand bag around the resort. 


On the topic of the patch pockets, I have a collection of cool shaped patch pockets that would be super fun to try on this dress! SO many ideas, so little time!!

Happy Sewing!

PS- my room was right on the Pacific Ocean and I had the most incredible sunset views every day as I was relaxing from a day at the pool/beach and getting ready to go for dinner!




2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful trip, & your dress with matching mask are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Laurinda! It was wonderful and I’ll never travel for granted again!!

      Delete

comments, thoughts, idea? Please share!