Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Holiday catch up!


Gosh.... It's been several weeks since my last post! I needed a little hiatus during the busy holiday season .
December was a CRAZY month for me. The first 2 1/2 weeks was solid packed with work travel, all the last minute end of year meetings to try and squeeze in before the holidays. 

Then my daughter, Melissa, and I were off to the Netherlands for a long weekend just before Christmas. It was a GREAT time!!! I got to meet my new niece and she is the most adorable tiny 5 week old ever. I was immediately smitten by her alert steel blue eyes just watching you. I did not want to leave without her :) we also got to celebrate my brother and his wife's wedding. They had a civil wedding back in September but had the wedding celebration the weekend before Christmas. We enjoyed spending the weekend in Leiden, Netherlands. 

I wore my new dress that I finished up after thanksgiving for the wedding. It was comfortable, looked quite nice and wore very well! Since I knew we would be walking to and from the wedding celebration I wore the dress with black leggings and black ankle boots. 

Once back home for the Christmas I have just been enjoying the time with the family and friends! Lots of relaxing, playing games, movies and just good old fashioned family time!

Now it is New Years Eve and I got one last project done for 2013! A new super hero apron for my hubby. It's the small things in life that make him happy and I am more than happy to oblige! 

I lined the entire apron in muslin to give it a little more body to it. The straps were made on my serger using the triple cover stitch and the 1 1/2" belt loop maker. I  made buttonholes to thread the straps through. The big front multi pocket has a light interfacing and is matched perfectly to the main fabric that you can't even make it out in the big overall picture. A fun project to finish up the new year! 




I'm wishing everyone a Happy New year!! I'm looking forward to 2014 :)

1 comment:

  1. I like the dress! I will look back at previous posts to see if I can find what pattern you used.

    ReplyDelete

comments, thoughts, idea? Please share!