Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Catching up after a very nice Thanksgiving break!

Last week, Thanksgiving week, I did not do any traveling!!! It was so lovely to just work for home for 3 days and then spend 4 days off with my husband :) we both truly enjoyed the time together.

Thanksgiving day we went out for a very nice brunch, just the 2 of us! We celebrated our actual Thanksgiving meal on Sunday with a big meal and family and friends. It was nice to end the holiday weekend that way.

On the sewing front of things, I got a bunch done!! (Although, still haven't touched that darn skirt!!)

I sewed up several Christmas gifts, which I will wait to do a full share. Here is a sneak peak of one I made for myself ;)

I also finished the baby quilt for my new niece!!! I can't wait to give it to my brother and his wife. I had fun making this. The backing is a super cuddly lavender fabric that for some reason was very hard to photograph the actual color! It is super soft. To keep the quilting looking neat I just did 1 1/2 inch apart channel quilting using a walking foot. This was a great technique to use with this backing. That label I designed on my embroidery machine and used a leftover block piece.

A other completed project was another McCall's 6796 easy knit top. This was a refashion form 2 short sleeve polo shirts that were in the donate/recycle pile. I used one red and one black. I cut the back pieces off and traced my pattern front and backs on them. The sleeves were then traced onto the front pieces below the button placket. I placed the hems and used them as the hems a for my new shirt.

As you can see, I also embroidered them! I wanted a Holiday shirt that wasn't too in your face holiday. This design is part of Floriani's Lu-Lu Christmas. So there are little holiday embellishments in the embroidery. Like candy canes, little x-mas trees, snowmen and poinsetta. It is fun!

The last project I am almost done with is a new dress for trip to Netherlands in two weeks. I also plan on wearing it this Saturday evening to a holiday dance party. No pics yet!

I'm currently on a crazy week of travel :( 
Newport News, VA Monday night:

Winchester VA Tuesday night: very pretty here! So close to the Shenendoah mountains.

Tonight I'm in Newburgh NY and Thursday night in Syracuse, NY.

Can't wait to be home on Friday afternoon!!! The weather better co-operate!

1 comment:

  1. Everything you made is wonderful but I am in love with the baby quilt. What gorgeous colors! Do you remember the name of the pattern? Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

comments, thoughts, idea? Please share!