Monday, September 30, 2013

My Jane LaFazio completed art quilt!

I finally finished up this project on Friday! And I then promptly gave it away as a gift to my daughter and son-in-law.

I enjoyed the Jane LaFazio class at Chicago create, I hope to take another workshop from her in the future. Here is a link to her blog.
I really didn't want to give it away but since the inspiration for the entire quilt was the happy couple and their recent nuptials, I just felt it belonged to them. They were quite happy to receive the gift especially since they are just starting to decorate their apartment and because they just really liked it.






Several close ups of some details I really liked. Above is one of the resin filled charms I made in another class at the Chicago Create retreat.


There are free motion machine stitches, hand stitches, water color pencils and crayons, paper, organza, crochet doilies, buttons, etc...









My name and year embroidered on the lower left portion of the piece.


The back was just a nice complementary green from my stash.


- Posted by Steph from siouxzeegirl designs.

Location:Lisle, IL

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments, thoughts, idea? Please share!