Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Kitty quilt/play mat progress

This post is coming to you from just outside Hartford, CT. I'm out on a work trip and waiting to catch a flight home :)

Good as time as any to catch up!

Last week I spent working from home. It was busy on the work front but I was able to take some time every day to work on the kitty quilt/play mat that I am making for my niece arriving this fall.

This has been a fun experiment for me to play with on my embroidery machine. It certainly does not take the place of real quilting for me but rather another tool to play with in my toolbox!

The Anita Goodesigns Mix and Match quilting designs I used were from the Dog and Cats collection and from the Premium Quilting Collection. The entire process is quite different. I have the top complete but all I need left to do is add another layer of batting, backing, stitch in the ditch and bind. All the quilting stitching design is done on the embroidery unit in a quilt as you go method.






The plus side to this project was that I could work on other projects as this one was stitching out. The other project I'm working on is a surprise gift so no peaking until I give it away. :)

The rest of this week I am off from work and attending 3 classes at the CREATE Chicago Retreat. These are all mixed media type hands on classes and I am super excited about playing outside of my box! Should be fun!

Check out this delicate and beautiful flower that is blooming from our mini-pond in the wishing well!





- Posted by Steph from Siouxzeegirl Designs

Location:Windsor Locks airport, CT

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments, thoughts, idea? Please share!