Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy Birthday to Me and Happy New Year to us All!

Currently writing this form the comfy confines of my PJ's and the couch as my family and I spend the rest of New Years Day watching Harry Potter movies and try to recuperate from last nights festivities!

A little Champagne to celebrate my Birthday!


Let's back up 2 days to Sunday. Sunday was my birthday and it as a great one :) I spent it with my family and that always makes for a good day. While my daughter and her fiancé cooked me dinner, my hubby helped to set up my birthday gift. A 32" flat screen TV and blue ray/DVD/smart hub box. I had no idea of all the cool things that could be done with brand new technology! It all hooks up wirelessly to the Internet. I can play movies and fitting and sewing DVD's and Craftsy classes all on this big screen. Very exciting for me! I also got a wonderful sound system for my iPod/iPad to play my music beautifully. Now I may never leave my sewing studio!



Above: my new TV (need to get longer cables to move the boxes to the shelf and off my cutting table)
Below: the new speakers for my listening pleasure.


After the excitement of the new technology, I was treated to an amazing dinner of homemade pierogi. We head meat, potato and cheese pierogi with sour cream and sauerkraut. It was all so wonderfully delicious and such a special treat. I also got to Skype with my little brother in the Netherlands with his girlfriend and my sister who is there visiting for the holidays.



The awesome cooks and the delicious dinner! What a great birthday!


For New Years Eve we hosted a party that lasted to the wee hours of the night, with consumption of many goodies, lots of libations (I may have had several too many...), fun games and happy times ringing in 2013 with great friends and people we love! We had friends sleeping on all available air mattresses in the den, the sewing studio, the front room. The last eleven of us went out for breakfast and then everyone chipped in and my house was cleaned up and back in order lickity split!

The front room all decorated and ready for a party!



Me: looking very thoughtful and/or a little out in space!



Gathering in the kitchen!



Julinda (my "other" daughter) and I. Both looking quite sassy!



Nothing cures a hangover like a good 'ole diner breakfast!



I hope everyone got to celebrate bringing in the New Year with great friends and loved ones!

Cheers for a great 2013!


- Posted by Steph from my iPad

Location:HOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments, thoughts, idea? Please share!