Thursday, November 1, 2012

Another Silhouettes #195 by Peggy Sagers. Poly tiny pleats

I have made it back home form Boston and feel quite lucky that we really did not get hit badly by Hurricane Sandy. The convention was shut down early on Monday and other than some fierce wind and blowing rain it was not bad. (By us at least) I took the evening off and relaxed and watched a couple movies.

I am very saddened by the destruction in NJ and NY. I am extremely happy that all of my family in that area is safe! I grew up there and the reports and pictures still coming in are almost unbelievable. Enough of Sandy.

I realized that I forgot to show off 2 more pieces that I got done prior to the convention. 1 is a pair of knit yoga pants. Easy, peasy knit black ponte pants that are super comfortable have a very nice line. I wore these on the plane and to walk on the treadmill when it was storming in Boston. I used Silhouettes pattern # 3400 3 piece yoga pant. I LOVE the fit of these pants and they are easy to make. (Sorry no picture yet!)

The other item is another top by Silhouettes # 195 sweater set. I think the pattern name should be 'Sweater Set and SOOOOO much more'. It is such a versatile pattern. This time I made the shell out of a tiny poly pleated magenta fabric. The color is very close to the Eiffel Tower silk print lining in the grey Vogue Katherine Tilton Jacket.



This shell was easy to make, especially since it is from a TNT so the fit is figured out. For this fabric I made sure to layout the pattern so that the hem was along the selvedge which eliminated the need to have a hem. Sometimes hemming on the pleated polys can be tricky because they can flatten out and look funky wavy.


For the neck and armholes I fused a knit fusible tape and turned under the edge and topstitched using a walking foot. It turned out very nice! And looks great as a shell.

Speaking of the grey Vogue jacket.... I changers my mind and wore the collar up and loved it! It did not bother me as I was thinking it would and I got many compliments. I wore it with black dress pants and had a pair of suede magenta shoes as well but did not wear those because of the inclement weather. I wore black leather dress shoes instead.



- Posted by Steph from my iPad

Location:Lisle, IL

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments, thoughts, idea? Please share!