This first top is another one from the post a couple back that I did not include photos. This is from Silhouette patterns, # 450 Nancy's blouse. This is a fun TNT pattern of mine that I have made several times, I even made one for my sister a while back. I made this version out of a stash rayon that I have had forever. That small flower print is making a comeback so I figured I'd use it. The yolk I made of self fabric and just embellished with both top stitching and couching of several different green yarns. The tiny blue flowers coordinate well with the new blue linen pants I am working on.
This version I left out the vertical waist darts, as I am envisioning this as a summertime staple when it is hot and humid and wanted a looser drapier feel to it.
This second top is a new Silhouette pattern that I picked up at the sewing Expo last week. #500 tank top/pleated top. I have this same fabric cut out for another project and had enough leftover to try out this woven tank top. I am fairly pleased with it and it will make a cut summer top. I have already marked some changes for next time. Such as dropping the neckline and armhole. I made changes to the armhole so that I was well covered, I hate armhole gaposis on a tank top!! However, I need to increase the depth of the armhole just a little for my tastes. And I also increased the back side seams at the bottom for slightly more room at the top of my bumm.
I can envision this top in many different types of fabrics and even as a staple for under my suit jackets for work in the summertime. I am pleased with this wearable muslin/mock up. I did a contrast bias binding at the armhole and neckline that picked up a color from the print and did a rolled hem edge on this light printed cotton that I got from Mood.
(for some reason.... My dress form looks crooked! I was actually not holding the camera straight.... Oops!)
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad