Sunday, April 24, 2011

sewing clothes

I have been thinking about why I have not really been sewing any clothes lately. Tons of accessories and such, but no clothes. I love sewing my own clothes, I love picking out patterns, playing with lines, changing details, etc... 

I have a pile of patterns that I want to make, and fabric to go along with them. However, after thinking long and hard about it, I have decided that my lack of garment sewing has every thing to do with my current body image. I don't like it. I gained weight and lost shape while recovering from my broken leg.

I need to get over myself. It doesn't really matter what my body looks like because it's mine and I like me. And in all actuality I can make my own clothes to look better on me than what I can buy.

So, time for me to start getting excited over sewing up some new summer clothes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments, thoughts, idea? Please share!