Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Tote bag progress

Yikes, 2 posts in one day!!

I was able to make enough progress on the Sweet Harmony tote bag to actually take a couple of shots. I did not bother doing a full step by step photo shoot because I did that with the Sweet Harmony Handbags I made last spring/summer.

Reminder: I did not pick out this fabric. However, I am very pleased with how it looks together. Quite hip and fun for a soon to be 23 year old!

Side 1, I love the rainbow piping detail! The lining will also be of the rainbow material.

Side 2


Side 1 with a view into the pocket, shows the cell phone pocket or what I rather call a gum pocket. Not really big enough for Mel's smart phone but perfect place for a pack or 2 of gum.

detail view

Unlined, unfinished inside showing all the heavy duty decor bond interfacing.

The only thing I am lamenting about is that I only cut out pieces for 1 bag. I really like it and want one for myself! I really love this Amy Butler pattern the only draw back is that it simply takes forever to cut out all the fabric, interfacing, fleece interlining. By the time you get to the sewing you are almost sick of working on the darn thing. This is certainly NOT an instant gratification project. Is is totally awesome when it is done and provides lots of gratification and pleasure afterwards but not during the construction!

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments, thoughts, idea? Please share!