Saturday, September 11, 2010

Fabric Bowls = a great gift!

I whipped up these 2 fabric bowls this afternoon as a birthday gift for a friend of mine. Due to my broken leg we missed her birthday outing back in August. So tonight we are making up for it by having a small dinner party.

While my husband was busy in the kitchen all afternoon cooking... I was busy in the sewing room whipping up this set of bowls.

My first intention was to make one for me and one for her but I later decided that they looked so cute together that they needed to be given as a set! They are made from cotton quilting fabric from my stash and the 2 sides are fused to a layer of timtex for stiff support. The nice thing is that they are reversible and washable as well.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments, thoughts, idea? Please share!