Friday, November 13, 2009

A great friday afternoon

I spent a wonderful Friday afternoon with my girlfriend going to the Chicago: Sewing and Quilt Expo. It was doubly nice because 1. I have had a super shitty week (sick, sick, sick and then exploding hot water heater, ugh) and 2. I have always gone to this Expo solo. It was really nice to have a friend to go with.

She is a newbie in the quilting world and really just enjoyed looking at everything and of course making some purchases. We did not take any classes or seminars, just did the expo floor and perused the quilt and clothing displays. Always makes for some great inspiration.

I, of course, bought some fabric and a pattern and a single sewing notion (knit bias tape). Did I need a pattern or any fabric, nope. But after my said week, I felt I was deserving of it.

Knit fashion fabric from SewkeysE
I have a couple patterns from her and have bought fabric from her in the past and it has always been very nice quality.
Fabric number 1: silky rib fabric(2yds @ 60") that I could see made into a tunic style shirt.

Fabric number 2: a beautiful fabric with a gorgeous hand, 50%silk, 45% cotton and 5% spandex,
fell in love! I bought 3 yards @ 45"
I will be inspired!

And last but not least... I had to get into the Amy Butler craze! I could no longer resist :)
I bought the new Sweet Harmony bag pattern and 4 yards of Amy Butler fabric.
hmmmm.... maybe some Christmas gifts...

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments, thoughts, idea? Please share!