Monday, October 26, 2009

A new Project: Pants

It has been a couple of years since I have made myself some pants. I decided to go ahead and go for a new pattern since my old favorite is a bit out of date.
I am using a pants fitting workbook that I picked up at an Original Sewing and Quilt Expo 2 years ago by Cynthia Guffey. I am using this workbook to take my measurements and then she details step by step how to alter your pattern to make it fit you as well as how to fix fitting issues.
I am using Simplicity 2700 Amazing Fit pants and am going to use Sandra Betzina's fly zipper instructions.
I am still on the fence about making amockup in muslin or if I should just go for it with one of my more inexpensive fashion fabrics and use it as a working muslin... what to do, what to do!
First thing is first and off to the sewing room to finsih altering the pattern!



No comments:

Post a Comment

comments, thoughts, idea? Please share!