Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Spring Table Runner and Placemats... DONE!

It was so very nice to complete a project and be able to share it! So much of my sewing time is currently being allocated to wedding projects that my daughter has asked me not to share until after the wedding. Fair enough. Although I can share little snippets here and there as long as I don't give anything away!

This project was started form the mitered corners class I took back in November at the Sewing Expo. I'm very happy with how it turned out! :)

I really like these spring placemats the colors really remind of new growth and rich earth. I tried my hand at tiny channel quilting. The placemats are quilted at just about a 1/4 in and the runner just over 1/4 inch. I used 3 spools of thread just for the quilting portion.

On the runner I went back and forth over what color to use for the quilting and in the end decided to use the same pale green as on the placemats. It reminded me of tiny rows of seeds being planted in the garden!







Just enough thread to finish sewing on the bindings!



3 placemats with browns and 3 with blue/greens. All with a Kona solid pale green background and pieced with perfect mitered corners.



A sleepy little Holly dog tucked away on the couch in a fleece blanket.

- Posted by Steph from my iPad

Location:Lisle, IL

1 comment:

  1. I just like you wedding project and the work to make homemade table runner and placemats for you. It was really a great work!!!

    ReplyDelete

comments, thoughts, idea? Please share!