Saturday, June 2, 2012

A wonderful Saturday! Garden AND sewing time :)

What a wonderful day! The weather was perfect, my hubby did the grocery shopping & made cinnamon rolls while I slept in a little bit. What a great guy!!!



A little bit of shopping at the garden center, we had a couple of extra flowers we wanted to pick up to complete our summer planting. Several more geraniums and some shade flowers for by the front door and part of the deck.

My lillies are starting to flower and look so very pretty!



The Dr Seuss flowers get even neater looking the longer they stay on the plant! Now they are turning feathery.



I picked up 4 perennials as well. A type of prairie sage that has
Purple stalk blooms. I put these into the new bed at the side of the veggie garden along with 3 large clumps of green and white hosta that needs to be moved from a tree base that is being removed.





The garden is looking wonderful. The radishes are coming up, the spinach seeds are sprouting and all the plants look happy and healthy.

The radishes


Spinach



Sugar snap peas



Melissa, Dorian and Holly enjoying the beautiful afternoon.



We have had some bad luck with a couple of trees and need to get them removed. So sad! One of the trees has a beautiful ring of hosta plants around it and I now have to figure where to transplant them all to as that they don't get destroyed when the tree is taken out and the stump grinded down.





This spot on the tree makes it look like my tree is bleeding!


To top it all off, I got to spend a couple hours in my sewing studio. Ahhhhhhh, that felt nice. I cut out a knew pattern for a cardigan out of a printed slinky. These are great for traveling in!

Everything is cut out, and I started the sewing. Hopefully I'll get back to it soon and it doesn't sit for too long.

Tomorrow I am off to a local horse show to shoot some photos.

- Posted by Steph from my iPad

Location:Lisle, IL

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments, thoughts, idea? Please share!