Friday, April 27, 2012

Swimming with the Dolphins!

While in Jamaica I had the opportunity to go swimming with dolphins. Can I say how excited I was!!! I was not the only one to be excited... must be a girl thing because the other 3 ladies on the trip with me were just as excited! Our men on the other hand, they decided to let us have a girls excursions and they stayed back at the resort.

Ever since I was a young girl and read Madeleine L'Engle's A Ring of Endless Light I have dreamed of  swimming with dolphins.

And now it has come true! I get to mark that off of my bucket list :)

It was very exciting, I had butterflies in my stomach and I literally felt like I was 13 again. We had a little over 30 mins in the water with the dolphins and got to touch, pet, dance, sing and swim with them. we got to ride along with them holding onto the dorsal fins and we also got a 'push' where you lie on your stomach in the water and the 2 dolphins come up and push you from the bottom of your feet and you go like superman through the water. Very cool.

The 2 males that we interacted with were each around 300lbs but so gentle and they have such kind and intelligent eyes.






Such a blessed experience that I am sure to never forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments, thoughts, idea? Please share!