Friday, July 8, 2011

Re-fashion of my husbands shirt

One of my husbands favorite dress shirts sustained a tear up the side. It has been sitting in my sewing room for a while now. I couldn't bear to just get rid of it.

I am in need of a couple bathing suit coverups/beach wear for an upcoming trip to Mexico. I decided to do a mini challenge for myself and transform the cotton dress shirt into a beach coverup for me.

I pulled a bunch of items from my stash and am going to see what happens! You know, just have fun with it. The shirt is huge on me. The back hem hits just above my knees and I will need to remove half the sleeves so I have plenty of shirt to work with.

I have some ideas... Now to get playing.




The shirt. It is 100% cotton shirting in a small blue on white check.


The scrap pile to play with. Various trims, a couple quilting cottons, some leftover scraps from previous projects and an old white cotton shirt with ruffles that either gets reused or goes to the donation bin.


- Steph... From my iPad

Location:Home

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments, thoughts, idea? Please share!